Mississippi's Invisible Coast
"Our plea to newspapers and television and radio and Web sites across the land is no less important today: Please, tell our story. Hear the voice of our people and tell it far and wide.
We are here. Do not forsake us.
We are no footnote."
Somebody oughta know. Read the rest here.
3 comments:
Hi Jeff: Ran across this while looking for new pics of Nathan on your chorus website. Reading this puts the whole thing in such clarity; like I was there. It's got to be hard, even now, so many months afterward. You know that we are all pulling for you. Peace. S.
Thanks. As you can see, it's been awhile since I've worked on this. I just can't seem to get the time and inclination to conicide. I don't want to lose the details, for some reason saving them seems really important. But they're going, and I'm still looking for time.
Like now, I'm up to my eyes in filing work that I should have done 100 years ago. It's stupid, but this all goes back to the same thing: Dad's files were totally in order. Insurance, car titles, taxes, everything except the gun safe combo.
Going through his files for all the insurance stuff, it was just eerie. He was gone, and he was still making things easier for us. Made me want to get my act together. Y'know, just in case.
Don't beat yourself up too much. Healing takes its own path, and you can't stop living your life to do it. Your dad would have been proud of you, disorganized or not.
Remember when he called you for computer help? I thought that was awfully cute. He really respected your abilities, even though you always talked about only being able to "hold the light" while he worked on the car.
Good luck on your organization...it's an admirable goal.
Post a Comment