Monday, July 10, 2006

Thief in the night

I talk about soccer a lot, because it's easy. The words fall out of my head and more or less say what I want to say.

Real life isn't so easy.

This morning, E's father passed away after a long struggle with cancer. He passed away in his sleep - which I suppose is a small comfort. E's sister had just made it up from L.A. - and I'm hoping she got to spend time with him before the end.

I doubt he got to see his new grand-daughter, but I'm hoping he did.

There is real comfort for E, but she's with her sisters. Times like this, companionship is all you can lean on.

The words aren't coming out right, so I'll just stop here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sara said...

Dear God. I had hoped he could hang on, get better. There are no words.

Please let me know what I can do. Anything.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Our prayers are with you as well buddy. If you guys need a break, feel free to crash at our house. Dinner, lunch, just hanging out, whatever. Our house and family are at your disposal.

Russ said...

I'm glad Eileen and her sisters have each other to support one another through such a difficult year. I'm glad Eileen has a loving husband who can genuinely understand what she's going through. I hope you both know you have many friends who want to offer whatever comfort and sympathy we can. And I want you to know, if there is some way I can help each of you through this, just ask.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to you and E.

Unknown said...

Funeral's set for Saturday, the 15th. Gathering/Visitation at 10am - Service at 11am. Lunch will be served at 12pm.

I believe they are using the same funeral parlor they used for her mom's funeral.