Saw this courtesy of Felix Salmon
AOL encourages the belief that its email users need to pay for the service. They don't.
If an AOL email user has a different ISP, they can (naturally) change their AOL settings - but this is not obvious to many AOL users who (famously) are not the most technically savvy.
Business insider has posted a 1-2-3 guide to cutting the AOL financial cord.
The slides reveal UI that is desiged to obscure and confuse users who try this.
Anyways, I'm posting this so I can find it later, should I happen to run across one of these unfortunates.
And AOL? You are even lamer than your reputation suggests.
1 comment:
I used to work at SITEL where we had an entire wing of people who worked as dedicated customer retention specialists. When you tried to cancel AOL, they would send you there into Customer Service hell. They make it nearly impossible to cancel AOL service.
THey're evil, evil, evil.
Post a Comment