I ran the calc and we "break even" at 10 years, but their estimates of home repair, maintenance and remodeling are low. I think anyone who bought to stay a few years or flip might be losing out, but people in it for the long haul are going to reap the benefits in the end. I'm not saying I necessarily buy into the "everyone needs a house of their own" mentality, but with kids and a stable job, if you're not looking at the big picture and you're renting to save money in the short term, you're probably doing it wrong.
2 comments:
I ran the calc and we "break even" at 10 years, but their estimates of home repair, maintenance and remodeling are low. I think anyone who bought to stay a few years or flip might be losing out, but people in it for the long haul are going to reap the benefits in the end.
I'm not saying I necessarily buy into the "everyone needs a house of their own" mentality, but with kids and a stable job, if you're not looking at the big picture and you're renting to save money in the short term, you're probably doing it wrong.
Do you have a link to the article? The photo just links to a png that I can't use.
Post a Comment