Not two minutes after I published my last post, I smugly walked out of the cafe to discover my car had a dead battery.
...and I was between two parked cars...
...so my jumper cables could reach no passing motorists...
...and I was late to meet Sensei and the Artist.
But I found a willing helper who was willing to push my car back so I could connect the jumpers....
...but my car refused to come out of park.
-Really, you have to admire the creative sadism of the irony gods.
You thought you'd be happy, but now...
My Samaritan leaves, so my only choice is to find the owner of one of the two cars that bookend me.
It takes canvassing two nearby businesses, but I find the owner of the car on my right.
He agrees to give me the jump and if all goes well, I can still make lunch.
We connect the cables, and nothing.
Not even a turn from my car.
In desperation, we reset the cables again.
Still nothing.
I try calling Sensei. No luck.
My cables have side pull extensions, which make normal connections worse.
I reseat the connections a third time and start thinking about running to lunch. It's about a ten minute run...
And the car starts.
Psyche!
I thank the man and bolt.
Sensei and the Artist are waiting, and lunch is awesome. They are such great people- and we swap stories of CorpWorld like veterans do.
Nice try, Irony- but I beat you this time. Yeah, they needed to jump my car after lunch - and I'm stuck in Sears dropping $100 on a battery, but you can't stop today from being great.
I met with the old gang and my smile is immune to anything else.
Boo yah.
No comments:
Post a Comment