Monday, July 08, 2013

A Sip From The Firehose of My Mind

I've got three things to remember. First there's that great idea for gaming, need to write that down as soon as I'm done reading to the girl. She needs to get out of those jeans. Sleeping in jeans is just awful -
SECOND I've got to send those glacier pictures to Mom. I promised her ages ago that I would - and I've been ignoring those reminders on my phone.

-Y'know frankly, those reminders aren't really doing much of anything, since the email reminders stopped. What's up with that, Orchestra? 've you given up, since Mailbox? What for your loyal followers?

I should pick a date, a specific date to-

No. That's silly, since all the photos are finally on the Mac. Totally love how those imports are finally working. Which reminds me, I was supposed to re-order those Prague pictures that got sent to the wrong address, since my AppleID had a fossilized address in it.

I mean, the phone experience was great, but I seriously have to re-order them? C'mon Apple?

Still need to do that, though. That's four, isn't it?

Wait, what was two? Glaciers! Gottasendthose!

Okay, three... what the F$*# was three?! The girl needs her meds, too. Six, now? Okay. Get a pen. There are no pens here. All have been taken apart and the same key part - in each one - has been irretrievably lost.

No pen. I'm losing the gaming idea. Something about evil in the west - too cliche?

No- it'll work. But I'm losing the thread...

Meds!! Dammit! In the fridge, because chilled nasty is somehow more palatable than warm nasty. Down the stairs and - syringe!

Got it. Back upstairs. And... there was a twist, wasn't there? I liked it, the thing I shouldn't write down because it would blow it-

Ah. It could go lots of ways. Trapped by it or freed by it - this is going to be a good plot twist... I-

-What am I doing? There she is. Medicine! No fuss this time, just down the hatch. Down to five.

SoEffingTired. E's tired. Vague thoughts about the new gas dryer. Did I flub the connection? Are we going to be poisoned and/or exploded?

No. No bubbles = safe. And natural gas stinks full on awful.

You.

Will not.

Explode.

But there was a third thing. Vague thoughts of that third thing being downstairs. Go down. It'll come to you.

- Left the syringe upstairs -

Leave it. I need to get to -

CRYSTAL CLEAR recollection of an identical syringe, from last night, sitting in the upstairs bathroom - left there from last night when I was-

GOD, I can not believe how long it took to put in that dryer vent. Five minute job, hah.

Okay, go BACK and pick up the syringe you left or you'll wonder what you did with them tomorrow. Down. Rinse it. Repeat. Rinse it. Repeat. Rinse it. Repeat.

Done. And downstairs...

What was Three??

Get Two first. Pictures. Pictures was two, right?

ONE!! F$*#s sake, ONE! 'crying out loud. Get laptop. This could take awhile, I should get the power cord.

-There's one on the back shelf.  No, that one is for music and the stereo/iTunes thingy.

EIGHTY freaking dollars for a power cord and you're keeping it for an edge case? Really?

But it's all set up nice, I'll get the other one from my bag.

There. But the only nearby plug is in the floor...

...and you need a screwdriver to twist the cover off. Could try the plug end -

NO. Not bending another plug.

Go get the flathead from the junk drawer. Forgot to put the liquid soap back in its place. I-

I can see where this is going, world. You want me to lose this screwdriver, but I'm not going to...

...Totally losing the gaming thread...

Up. Stairs. Soap put away. Down. Stairs.

Flathead has rolled into the sink, but I FOUND YOU BASTARD!

Back to the floor panel. Great design, floor plug - but a flip top would have killed you? Four FULL revolutions WITH a tool was your best idea? Why build it at all, right?

Cap off! Being separate, it will now wait for its chance to slide under something immovable, to be lost forever.

And the cord. The cord has that stupid clasp that supposed to let you wind off just how much you need, except I keep guessing wrong and having to let out more and then re-clip it.

Apple? This was a fine idea, but you want me to wind up the cord, give me larger fold-out prongs, 'kay?

What the actual F#*$??

Ah yes.

ONE. Write it down. Losing the idea... there was going to be a herald or something... A moment of panic while the hordes bear down on them. Lots of ways that could go... no telling what kind of torment could ensue...

I Love it.

That's one thing down. One out of three...four.

No. I did the meds. And that was five, I think - so it really is four.

THIS IS HOW THINGS GO TO SH!T EVERY GODDAMNED TIME... FIVE MINUTES TO UNWIND A FRICKING CORD AND I FORGET WHO I AM...

I just...

F$*%!!!

E's down and queuing up the DVR... waiting for me... patiently?

Not...especially.

And...the girl is back downstairs. She never does this, but she has a bug bite and it's driven her into an itching/self-pitying frenzy. E leaps on the grenade and it's back to wracking my brain...

There was glaciers. That much I remember. I can do that easily enough.

But F$*# if I can remember three.

Or five.

Or however the F#*k many of them there were.

F#*k!!!

No comments: