Tuesday, April 01, 2014

I am Weasel

Runner [3:29 PM]:  just feeling a bit grumpy today

murph
[3:30 PM]: whazzup?

Runner
[3:31 PM]: oh the earlier stuff with our buddy

murph
[3:31 PM]: Yeah, that's totally shitty

Runner
[3:31 PM]: did you talk with him?

murph
[3:32 PM]: I did.
Caution.
This will not help your mood

Runner
[3:32 PM]: OK
give it to me

murph
[3:33 PM]: He basically said all the things he should of said to the SMEs, but didnt'.
He thinks he was taking the bullet in the call and in his discussion with BigDog.
I do not think that is so.
He believes that he went through the stories with you to find ones that were ready for dev.
I made him repeat that.
Basically doubling down on the line of bullshit
I just....
I mean WT screaming hell?

Runner
[3:36 PM]: so I take the bullet for it

murph
[3:36 PM]: I went after that. "So now, the SMEs are going to think this is on Runner?"
He's like "No, I took the bullet for this."
I did not get that out of his conversation on Friday at all.

Runner
[3:37 PM]: did you mention that?

murph
[3:37 PM]: I did not. I sat there like a tool.
I could not believe his shit and I did nothing about it.
Which does not help.

Runner
[3:38 PM]: well whatever it is done
I learned a valuable lesson

murph
[3:38 PM]: Noddy is a weasel. And I'm not much help.

Runner
[3:39 PM]: well you don't want to get too involved in this
I think people know that, right?

murph
[3:39 PM]: No, Runner I let you down in there. Same as Friday.
I just could not believe how far down the rabbit hole he was going.
I just sat there.
I made sure I wasn't mis-hearing him but I didn't call him out.
Which is shit.
And I'm sorry, but I'll do better. This can't be how it goes.

Runner
[3:41 PM]: don't worry about it
sounds like this isn
this isn't the first time it's happened
and really it's my fault for letting it happen

murph
[3:42 PM]: No, letting it happen is on me, too. And I should not let this roll like that.

Runner
[3:42 PM]: and truth be told, I probably shouldn't have written up those stories without combining everything and getting it all in there

murph
[3:43 PM]: That's gonna be a thing, for sure for all of us.
Anyway, Runner - I'm sorry I didn't pounce on him. I was all pissed off, and then I got nowhere with him.
I don't think I can fix the overall situation, but Noddy should know that he's in the wrong.
I don't want the drama, but I hate the unfair.

Runner
[3:45 PM]: well lesson learned is that we can't just move stories ready for dev unless we vet them

murph
[3:45 PM]: Yeah. Totally
And we don't move stories that aren't ours.

Runner
[3:47 PM]: yep

murph
[3:47 PM]: See. Told you it wouldn't improve your mood.

Runner [3:47 PM]: I was expecting that really

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, I really want to know past "stealing others stories" plot. Write up in mingle's comments section: "This card belongs to Runner" or "This card belongs to murph" and move the card back. Comments section is where its permanent and anyone can see it. Noddy is always sleepy take advantage of that - make fast and sudden moves. Move the cards while he is least expecting and always apologize for ignorance.

Unknown said...

To be fair to Noddy, he did not steal a story - he pushed someone else's story into the development queue.

That, given our pressures to have work in the queue, is understandable. It's bad form to do it for someone else's story without informing them, or getting their input.

What is not understandable, and what I don't forgive - is that when the story blew up in our faces - Noddy not only didn't step up and eat the fail - they repeatedly passed the buck off to Runner. Which is total crap.

I'm not really into the workplace intrigue, I will take precautions, but mostly I will try to be more up front about what is going wrong. Because this sh!t's gotta stop.