Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blue Sky Mining (comes to my rescue)

Okay, so yesterday afternoon, I happen to run across one of the managers where I work, and she's asking me to do a few things for her, and I'm good with it. Near the end of the conversation, she casually says "See you tomorrow at 9:30."I'm like, huh?

"The presentation?"

I'm Presenting?

"Yes, to the [whatever] people, it's not on your calendar?"

Err...

"I'll send it to you."

Out the door, a little flat-footed, but I know the material, and I've presented it before. Null perspiration.

So this a.m., I'm checking the appointment, and find I don't know the room. In a complex that spans three massive buildings, this is problematic. In the system, it's listed as "Auditorium." Not a good sign. So I ask around and people direct me to the only one they know of, the one that seats 150 people.

Err...

I peek my head in and verify this is the right place, and it is.

I'm not just presenting to the [whatever] people, I'm presenting to ALL of them. Oh, and we're being taped. So it can be made into a streaming video for the masses.

Err...

So, I'm outside getting my collective Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea together, and remember My iPod arrived yesterday, and Ms. no-H has thoughtfully provided me with some tunes to get me rolling.

Quick flip of the menu and I find Midnight Oil>Blue Sky Mine. A great intro with harmonica.

Buds in, push play.

Hey, Hey, Hey, Heeeeeyyyyyy....

Much better.
Nerves gone. Buds out. Game time.

Veni, Vidi, Vici baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is a great song. And now it's in my head. I knew you could do it! You ROCK.

-An unbiased reader.

Sara said...

Unbiased, my A$$.

Glad you are liking the Pod and the tunage.

Knock'em dead, Mister.

And your post reads like a page out of a William Gibson novel. Very ... modern and edgy.

Unknown said...

(hit submit too soon)

Thanks. It was that kind of day. I was corporate warrior guy, and I killed 'em.

'course - the way this place works. Today I'm a King, tomorrow I'm hiding under my desk, praying for a swift and merciful death.

Just another day in corporate land.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Well done! Hell, I get squirrely when I have to present to about 20 new hires for 20 minutes. 150 people? Ummmm, no thanks.