Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Goverment turned me into a Pod person...

Okay, I got my state tax refund today, and the sudden influx of cash made me do a foolish thing.

I've ordered an iPod.

So, I'm riding the post-buy buzz and waiting for the remorse to set in...

Any iPodders out there with ramping-up advice for a new Pod-ling? (I'm looking at you, Ms. no-H)

11 comments:

Sara said...

You must must must get a carrying case for it; something to clip on your belt. (THIS IS TOO COOL). I basically listen to it with it on shuffle all of the music; but you can use it for videos and podcasts too!

Next, you must collect all of your favorite CD's together and start to load them into iTunes so you can SYNC your iPod and music library. This is going to be time consuming task; unless they are already on your machine, then it is a simple matter of importing them. While you are waiting, download and install iTunes.

That's all for now...welcome to the few, the proud, the Pod people. You will assimilated, oh yes, and you will like it!

Sara said...

When will it come? Where did you order it from?

Unknown said...

Amazon.com - should be here by Monday. I'll be DL'ing iTunes this eve just to get ready.

Should be fun.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Rachel loves her IPod Nano. I got a color one for free at work for her (yeah, I'm a great husband). She put a load of music on it and put some pictures of the kids and me on it for when she took it to Ireland with her. They are quite cool.

Unknown said...

Cool. I'm exited about joing the ranks of PodPeople(TM), although I'm realizing that I'll need to upgrade my OS, since ITunes isn't made for my (incredibly outdated) system.

Ripple effect - ah well, I'll join the modern world, maybe I'll even get broadband one day...

Sara said...

Expect an email from me...I have *ways* to update your system...

Anonymous said...

And what did _I_ get with said tax refund money? $60 worth of stuff from Lands End. Not that I'm bitter or anything. : )

-Leengreenbean

Unknown said...

Ah quit yer whining, you... *grin*

'sides - you wanna pod? We can get another one, y'know. Not like you won't be using this one anyway...

Sara said...

Is it here? Is it here? Is it here? Is it here? Is it here?

Unknown said...

I thought I was excited about this.

I tracked it today, since it was two-day UPS but apparently that means tomorrow.

Just as well, today was not the day to be playing with new toys.

Leengreenbean got back from MN and there was too much going on to be messing with new hardware.

Unknown said...

Thanks! E and I are looking forward to the fall.

E's at the docs today, so mayhaps in the next week or so, we'll know what we'll be having.

In other news, we're good, although I'm rapidly learning that having an iPod is like having a pet.

First you get the pod, then you get the charger, then the FM connection for the car, then the scratchproof case,

right now I'm looking for broadband, so podcasts and iTunes are real options.

I'll check out despair.com, they're on my fav list.