Monday, March 16, 2009

A British media smackdown

(Via Bad Astronomy)

Here's a great bit from a London Doctor discussing the media's flawed coverage of the vaccination issue. He broadens it to include the flaws of media coverage of health in general (something that would absolutely apply on this side of the pond).

Take a look, it's marvelous.


I'm curious how this got put together. If this was just him and his editing software and some friends (you can do a lot with a few people these days). Good on London Tonight for putting it on the air.

Imagine the discussion we could have with informed members of the public are allowed to voice their opinions on issues in a nationally televised format....

It would be like.... what's the word I'm looking for....Journalism??

No, that's not it. It'll come to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HealthNewsReview.org Check it out. Unfortunately, it's kind of obscure, I think, but they really do a nice job breaking down health news. Kind of along the lines of CJR, but without big long articles of their own.