Friday, April 02, 2010

Pareidoliac Apophenia

I love space probes. If I had more bandwidth, I'd spend an awful lot of time looking at pictures from space. Sadly, since I know practically nothing about space - my analysis would be limited to looking at stuff like this and saying



Look! It's Pac Man!!

Thankfully, Bad Astronomy's Phil Plait is here to make sense of things (or at least point out how incredibly weird this image of Mimas is).

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/
Pictures taken by astronauts from space. It's a HUGE, searchable databasel

Unknown said...

Oh sure, I bet you send beer samplers to recovering alcoholics...

*grin*

Thanks!

Kirstin said...

I know you don't hold with that modern social networking like Twitter, but the astronaut Soichi Noguchi is up at the International Space Station and adding several pics a day. Here's the most recent one and you can waste hours clicking through his pics.
http://twitpic.com/1cxuc2

Unknown said...

So much for getting things done at work today.

Gah.

Thanks!

*grin*