Friday, September 08, 2006

Velvet glove

Here's the response from my local ABC affilliate:
The Path to 9/11 is a dramatization, not a documentary, drawn from a variety of sources. The events that lead to 9/11 originally sparked great debate, so it’s not surprising that a movie surrounding those events has revived the debate. The attacks were a pivotal moment in our history that should never be forgotten and it’s fitting that the discussion
continues.


Clearly, the movie contains fictionalized scenes, composite and representative characters and dialogue, as well as time compression. We are aware of that. We also know that [our city]has a reputation for being an unbiased community that supports all viewpoints and we will allow our viewers to make their own conclusions.

Thank you for your comments!
Even less than what I'd expected, but at least they were prompt. I mean really, this isn't a movie depicting events that happend centuries ago - about which there are competing theories.

These are events where the participants are still alive and are loudly denoucing ABC's depiction.

I told them this, but I'm probably only allowed one bite at the apple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that they state that they are "aware" that parts of the movie are fictionalized. Great! Now what about your audience? Are they aware, too?

John Burzynski said...

We also know that [our city]has a reputation for being an unbiased community that supports all viewpoints and we will allow our viewers to make their own conclusions.


Even when the viewpoint is a lie.

I won't watch even a minute of this revisionist history.

Cheesehead Craig said...

Exactly what E and John said. It's fiction based on real life and no disclaimers that it is so. The ads never say this and build it up as the truth. Load of crap.