Friday, July 06, 2007

Just talking the talk

Once again, we are shown another GOP senator who publicly breaks with the president.

This time, it's Sen. Domenici. From the Washington Post:
"We cannot continue asking our troops to sacrifice indefinitely while the Iraqi government is not making measurable progress," Domenici said. "I do not support an immediate withdrawal from Iraq or a reduction in funding for our troops. But I do support a new strategy that will move our troops out of combat operations and on the path to coming home."
Honestly? Who gives a crap? This was a press conference, for crying out loud. Pete's grabbing some TV time on the cheap.

How 'bout this for a headline?

Sen. Domenici votes with Dems for troop withdrawal.

Now that would be something worth reporting. That would actually be news - tangible and with meaning. Not this "I'd like some air time, please" BS that the newsies keep falling for.

I'd love to have one of the reporters in this things say, "But, Senator... haven't you sided with the administration on all of it's major initiatives? Does this statement mean that you will be voting against the president's positions in the future?"

Fnyeah.

No comments: