Thursday, April 24, 2008

Where Am I?

(H/t to E, and to Zack Patton over on the 13th Floor)

Kudos to the keepers of the Atlas of Strange Maps, for bringing us cartographical oddities like:
the [map] that plots different regions of South Carolina based on the main condiment used in BBQ sauce -- tomatoes, ketchup, mustard or vinegar and pepper.
There are two fantastic maps based on music -- one showing each state in proportional size based on how often it gets mentioned in country music songs, and another mapping out the area codes mentioned in the rap song "Area Codes," by Ludacris.
And they even have my favorite map of all - the Minard Map. A map that is only strange by virtue of it being so brilliant.


I remember finding that map in a graphic design brochure and I cut it out and have saved it ever since. Way cool!

No comments: