Tough times are all around us - and nobody's suffering quite like the staff at Condé Nast
“That whole feeling of working here and it being cushy and other people loving it and being jealous? That’s kind of gone now”The horror... the horror!
...
“At the salad bar, you’re allowed one protein and generally they have five proteins listed,” said this source. “But the only proteins they have now are tofu and chicken! There’s no shrimp! I don’t think there’s any more shrimp there.”
...
“When I started, there was this little refrigerator, and it was stocked with amazing drinks,” said one ad-sales source. “Pellegrino, Orangina, Red Bull. And like the water wasn’t Poland Spring, it was like Fiji... But then in December...the drink supply emptied out. That Fiji water turned into Poland Spring. Worse, instead of the fridge, the water bottles were stowed in a warm closet.
And then: “I just found out today that we are on our last batch of Poland Spring,” said the source. “We won’t have any more after this. We have to start drinking tap water.”
Late edit: Whoops, I whiffed on the H/t. It's CJR, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment