Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thank You, Max Silvestri

So, I'm home and sick.
  • It's February - which sucks without saying so - yet it must be said.
  • Naturally, it's pledge week.
  • E's dumped dinner on me, so I indignantly pick up take out that does not involve cheese melted over carbs (on principle) - only to realize later I've merely bought the same ingredients served at room temperature.
  • The Banks are being offered a get out of fraud free pass from the government.
  • I spent eight hours at work trying to stop people from doing stupid things that they knew were stupid - yet were prepared to do anyway.
  • BabaTim is suddenly all kinds of stupid
  • Nearly half of America doesn't know that the Affordable Health Care Act is still law (Thank you, modern media)
  • And on and on....
So, it was cathartic when I read this bit from Max Silvestri's recap of Top Chef
It's Quick Fire time, and our chefs are greeted by the pumpkinny visage of Paula Deen. Their smiles of delight turn to screams of horror as she eats all six of them, one by one, then picks her teeth with Padma. It is very horrible and the show is canceled forever but in some ways I understand because Paula Deen seems very hungry.
Oh, lord did I need that.

No comments: