“Credit cards are the lifeline of my business as customers use plastic for everything from; a cup of coffee, to a pack of gum, to a tank of gasoline. Credit cards and debit cards are easy to use, but what customers don’t know is that every time they use a credit card, I pay a fee. For example, a customer purchases a local newspaper (75 cent retail) my profit is 9 cents. If the customer is using a debit card I would pay 25 cent for the transaction fee plus .08% interchange fee. If the customer puts down a Visa credit card the transaction fee would be 19 cents plus 1.68% interchange fee. Regardless of the payment option I lose money on the sale.”A minimum charge by the credit card companies eats retail vendors lunch.
–Jinger Duryea, President of CN Brown which owns Big Apple convenience stores across Maine
Credit card companies don't care - but there are more merchants than credit card companies. You would think that would make them care.
But you'd never get that from corporate shill like Edward Wyatt
No comments:
Post a Comment