Monday, October 07, 2013

AT&T: Pay Us the Money We Owe You

I got a paper bill from AT&T on Friday.

I don't get paper bills from AT&T. It's part of my account preferences.

The paper bill tells me that AT&T owes me $35.12. I'm happy to take their money, but my understanding of things was that I paid my wireless bill and my Uverse bill - and that a small percentage of my landline and old DSL bill would be prorated for Aug 29 - Sept 4. They were going to contact me with the amount that I owed for this small bit of service time.

Instead, I get a paper bill telling me they owe me money.

This makes me think they've misapplied some funds again. Previously, their math said that I was past due and was owed a credit at the same time.

According to AT&T math, this meant I supposedly owed them $183.09.

Let's see what my online account shows now, shall we?

Yes, I still owe $183.09 - but now it's in ORANGE! Progress!

Now, where the heck is my credit that I'm owed...? It should be under the last service in that list - the old landline / DSL account.

Annnnnnd....?

Yes, this account has been cancelled (although I would call it "replaced" or "upgraded").

And somehow we have arrived at a place where: 
AT&T owing me $35.12 = I owe AT&T $183.09 
I'm just hoping they make this make sense before my next bill is due.

Pathetic.

2 comments:

Sara said...

POTUS=President of the United States?

Unknown said...

I meant to say POTS for Plain Old Telephone Service - but probably should have just said 'landline'

Corrected.

Thanks!