USA: 2
Lloyd 69' PK; O'Hara 84'
Germany: 0
Biggest match up in women's soccer history.
Everything to prove - against Germany.
And we OWNED them.
Dream Team? Yeah, kinda.
Everybody was playing out of their minds: Holiday, Brian, Sauerbrunn, Krieger, Lloyd, O'Hara, Heath, Rapinoe, Klingenberg, Morgan, Solo....
Oh, and Johnston! Hell, yeah, Johnston - I'd say the player of the tournament - but Lalas said that, and I swore a blood oath to disagree with everything that man says.
Still - Johnston - what a game - offense, defense - and YES - she pulled down an attacker in the box, but the Soccer Gods decreed that this would not stop us.
Johnston: Clearly better than you.
And the crowd... Just magic - Morgan's first big shot wide had the place jumping outta their seats.
Lloyd? Flat out aces. Old Guard? I'm fricking DRIVING this bus.
Swarming midfield, Solo psyching out Sasic...
Yes, Germany can pout about the PK, but they had their chance and blew it. Crappy calls are part of Soccer - and lord knows, the US has had their share. (You think I forget? I FORGET NOTHING).
This was the culmination of the USWNT's campaign. They were on their game against the world's best and beat the crap out of them.
I feared for this team in the group play, but they are clearly on afterburners now.
Go USA.


No comments:
Post a Comment