Monday, June 08, 2015

Rapinoe to Rapinoe

Rapinoe: American badass.

Not our best effort by a long shot. We looked really ragged at the back for most of the first half.

And I don't know if Wambach is putting too much pressure on herself, but two flat our misses by our used-to-be guided missile forward just boggle.

And after a fortuitous bounce goal, Rapinoe looked like she was trying too hard as well. All kinds of whiffed crosses, flubbed passes - even a missed throw in.

And then she does this sh!t:



And this was after getting the ball at the half-way line. She ran half the length of the field, looked up and thought

Well, everyone thinks I'm gonna cross - I'll just shoot this F*&-er.

And boom! Low to the far post, for the icer.

Take NOTHING away from Press & Laroux's efforts to get the go-ahead goal. Leroux is all kinds of hustle and guts, and Press threw down ironclad evidence (if any was needed) that-



COACH? 

I AM 

A FORWARD

Hell's yeah, she's a forward -  and make sure she gets more playing time in the middle, eh coach?


Sad for the Matildas. De Vanna was her usual full-throttle self, she was criminally unmarked in the box and instantly reminded the US why that is a bad thing.

I hope the Aussies get some success, but looking at the rest of their schedule - it's not like it gets easier from here.

USA: 3
Rapinoe 12', 78'; Press 61'
Australia: 1
De Vanna 27' (who else, seriously?)

No comments: