Sunday, June 07, 2015

Feels like 2011

Hell yeah, I remember.

122nd minute.

Ian Darke, Julie Foudy and the rest of all right thinking people losing their minds as one.

I just shortened the lives of countless Brazilians.

A fan could live a lifetime for this sport and never get a moment like that.

The Cup doesn't care if you are worthy and the Soccer Gods have always been @ssholes. 

Japan was a fairy tale worth telling, but Germany 2011 should have been ours.

And here we are, back for another helping of whatever the Soccer Gods choose to serve us.

Defying reason and the odds, we still have Rapinoe, Rampone - even Wambach.
Germany is - once again - terrorizing the minnows, and the Samba Queens are the same as always.
This time, the French are looking solid and the Dutch look to be the newcomers who could mess things up.

We have injuries, we have scandal, and everyone would love to be the team that sent us home.

Still, I can't wait.

Go USA.

Rapinoe to Wambach for the win.
Always and forever.

No comments: