Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Slam on the brakes

This morning I heard the President say the following:
"The Iranian regime must halt these actions. And until it does, I will take actions necessary to protect our troops. I have authorized our military commanders in Iraq to confront Tehran's murderous activities."
President Bush - 08/29/2007
Jesus.

I mean - what exactly does he mean by saying he's authorized our military to "confront" Tehran?

Glenn Greenwald (of course) has the details, but as soon as I heard this - I just about flipped.

I hope there are people beating the bushes on this one to find whatever Executive Order the president is referring to. Reporters should ask him in press conferences - what order was that? Was it run by the gang of eight?

I mean, what the freaking hell, people?

Does this fool think he's going to get us into yet another war?

No comments: