Friday, November 23, 2007

Release the hounds!

It's official, the Big House is gone. The Seller is sticking to their number in defiance of all market forces and common sense.

Their reply was especially pithy: "Such is life... We can appreciate that [you cannot afford our home]."

Well, thanks.

Back to the house hunt.

5 comments:

Cheesehead Craig said...

I've been a bad friend. I have not been keeping up with your site. Here you are looking to buy a house and here I am not offering any assistance. What good is it to be in the mortgage business and not be able to help my friends out when they need it?

Give me a call if you need some advice or simply want to vent.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Wishing you and the family the best of luck and that you find another home soon!

Unknown said...

Craig, no worries. I did talk to WF about the mortgage - but our local credit union beat them out.

I think we've gotten our financial situation sorted - we just need to find a good house that isn't owned by someone who is delusional.

Just not looking forward to moving to temporary digs. Biteful any way you slice it.

Sara said...

The condos across from my house aren't selling, and they've decided to rent them...

Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but I bet you can find some good deals on rentals...

Just looking on the bright side...

Anonymous said...

Sorry :(