J tells me that the fansites HATED her. That there will be a large contingent who will be glad to see her gone. The funny part of this is that the Chief will only know that she killed herself. The Indian Chick (what is her name?) isn't going to say "Oh, by the way, your wife found out about the Cylon thing so I had to kill her."
It's convenient that she was acting irregularlly before that, because it makes the whole suicide thing more plausible.
And speaking of people acting irregularly....Starbuck is the red herring of cylons. She is not a cylon but they are working REALLY hard to make us believe that she is.
I'd agree with you on the Starbuck thing. They're selling it too hard.
One thing's for sure – no way she's a cylon and leads the humans into oblivion. If the writers were brave enough to make her into a toaster, they'd have her have some kind of transcendent awakening to be a "good" cylon. Otherwise the whole plotline is turned into a death spiral.
They're cruel, but not that cruel.
I have to say, though – I liked her character. I'd be interested to see what the guy from TWoP is going to say – but I've always liked that character. She started out as the hapless innocent and then turned into a remorseless killer. Her latest incarnation (forlorn spouse) didn't do her any favors – but I think there was a useful moral foil there for the chief.
Plus, I think you'd have to be totally heartless to not feel bad over her exit. That was just harsh.
2 comments:
SPOILERS! Don't read if you don't want to know!
J tells me that the fansites HATED her. That there will be a large contingent who will be glad to see her gone. The funny part of this is that the Chief will only know that she killed herself. The Indian Chick (what is her name?) isn't going to say "Oh, by the way, your wife found out about the Cylon thing so I had to kill her."
It's convenient that she was acting irregularlly before that, because it makes the whole suicide thing more plausible.
And speaking of people acting irregularly....Starbuck is the red herring of cylons. She is not a cylon but they are working REALLY hard to make us believe that she is.
I'd agree with you on the Starbuck thing. They're selling it too hard.
One thing's for sure – no way she's a cylon and leads the humans into oblivion. If the writers were brave enough to make her into a toaster, they'd have her have some kind of transcendent awakening to be a "good" cylon. Otherwise the whole plotline is turned into a death spiral.
They're cruel, but not that cruel.
I have to say, though – I liked her character. I'd be interested to see what the guy from TWoP is going to say – but I've always liked that character. She started out as the hapless innocent and then turned into a remorseless killer. Her latest incarnation (forlorn spouse) didn't do her any favors – but I think there was a useful moral foil there for the chief.
Plus, I think you'd have to be totally heartless to not feel bad over her exit. That was just harsh.
Good TV, but harsh.
Post a Comment