Capitol access was restricted over the weekend and again this morning, following days in which the building had been crowded with protesters. The Wisconsin State Employees Union, along with the AFL-CIO and AFSCME, filed the suit against the state of Wisconsin yesterday. Today, Judge Daniel Moeser ordered the building reopened.There was a hearing today at 2:15 to sort out the particulars. Haven't heard what the net result was but then there was this bit:
Meanwhile, Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney also spoke at the news conference. He addressed questions about the removal of Dane County sheriff's deputies from security around the Capitol.Gov. Walker speaks at 4PM Central.
"We pulled our deputies out of Capitol security yesterday when we determined they were going to limit access to the Capitol. We did not want to serve as 'palace guards' at the Capitol. We are still assisting with security outside the Capitol, making sure protesters stay safe," he said.
This should be interesting.
1 comment:
I'm all kinds of burnt out on how painfully pathetic this whole situation is. I saw it will cost $500,000 to supervise the removal of tape in the capital and thought, "OOOOO, OOOOOO, I want that job!"
No matter how this ends I don't see how Wisconsin can have an effective government until after the mass recalls given the sheer amount of petty grade school antics,
Prediction: Walker resigns before the recall vote, and runs for VP - isn't that what we do, promote those we don't want to higher office. Palin/Walker... now that's a scary thought.
-Os
Post a Comment