Friday, December 28, 2007

Bricked

Recently, I've finally lost patience with Verizon Wireless.

We've had great service everywhere except in three specific locations:

The house where we used to live,
The apartment where we live now, and
The house we just bought.

Since we're off our contract, I made the unilateral decision to fire Verizon.

Since I wanted to keep our old numbers, I knew there would be some downtime.

The order for our new phones was supposed to be almost immediate. Then I found out it would be delayed - and I started worrying about Verizon cutting off our old phones when our new phones hadn't even been shipped.

I called the vendor who sold us the phones. They assured us that our order wouldn't ship until the 31st - which meant that Verizon wouldn't even be asked to drop our service until then.

We're going out of town this weekend, so this would be perfect.
Satisfied, I hung up and went back to work.

Then I get an email. "Your new phones have been activated. You will get an email confirming their shipment and tracking number shortly."

I check my Verizon phone. No service.

It's a brick.

I check the tracking number and the new phones went standard overnight FedEx. They'll arrive Monday (when we're out of town).

Arrrgh!!

How often do you get mad at a vendor for shipping you something earlier than they promised?

We're sans phone coverage for a road trip in the winter. Not the end of the world (we used to do this all the time, not too long ago)

But still... rrrrgh!

If you're trying to reach us - you won't get us by cell. At least until Tuesday.

2 comments:

Sara said...

So....did you get twin iPhones?

Anonymous said...

We did NOT.

*grin*

Much as I would love that kind of toy, I just can't justify doubling our monthly wireless bill (even if the phones themselves were free).

I got some phones that were shiny and free with rebates.