Rev. Hagee's mouth continues to runneth over - and the McCain campaign has finally had enough:
McCain rejects Hagee endorsementYou can almost hear the resentful tone from Rev. Hagee - Shame on you for shaming me, he says, All I did was imply that Hitler was sent by God...
In the face of mounting controversy over headline-grabbing statements from the Rev. John Hagee, CNN has learned that presumptive Republican nominee John McCain decided Thursday to reject his endorsement.
McCain told CNN's Brian Todd that he rejected the endorsement after Todd brought to his attention Hagee's comments that Adolf Hitler had been fulfilling God's will by hastening the desire of Jews to return to Israel in accordance with biblical prophecy.
[snip]
Shortly after McCain's announcement Thursday afternoon, Hagee withdrew his endorsement, citing critics who had been "grossly misrepresenting" his positions.
"I am tired of these baseless attacks and fear that they have become a distraction in what should be a national debate about important issues. I have therefore decided to withdraw my endorsement of Sen. McCain for president effective today, and to remove myself from any active role in the 2008 campaign," he said in a statement.
"I hope that the Sen. McCain will accept this withdrawal so that he may focus on the issues that are most important to America and the world."
Took you long enough, Senator.
Seems he's more afraid of AIPAC than gays or Catholics.
Meh.
No comments:
Post a Comment