I guess when Cindy McCain said she'd never release her tax records, she meant she would release them. The first two pages of them. On a Friday night. Before a three day weekend.
Here they are: Page 1 | Page 2
I like line 73 best:
296,119Not surprisingly, that'd be dollars.
Here's the label for line 73 (emphasis in original):
If line 72 is more than line 63, subtract line 63 from line 72. This is the amount you overpaid.Now, I don't begrudge the McCains their success. You do well, you do well. This is America. But the next time anyone in the McCain campaign uses the word "elitist," somebody ought to hold up a copy of that page with line 73 circled.
As in: "Senator, last year your wife's was entitled to a tax refund that was six times more than the median income of American households. Wouldn't you agree that puts you in a rather elite financial category?"
No comments:
Post a Comment