I need to start this out by saying:
I. Am not. A Journey fan.
But I saw this on CBS Sunday Morning, and it just spun my head a bit.
Let's say you're Journey - the band. You've had a falling out with your lead singer - and without Steve Perry - you're just a bunch of old musicians who want to tour again. You're hosed.
I mean, it's not like you're going find someone who can belt it out like -
Yeah. That's not Steve Perry - his name is Arnel Pineda.
That's just uncanny.
The Journey guys saw a YouTube video of him covering their songs in Hong Kong. So they call him and say "wanna tour?"
The interview with the band is hilarious. I mean, the Journey guys are so obviously like "we SO lucked out - I TOTALLY need this money" and Pineda comes across like a nice guy who won the lottery.
I wonder how long it will take for the pretend chemistry to wear off and Pineda realizes he can dump these guys and go solo.
Late Edit: The original video got pulled - but I've replaced it with Pineda playing in his band Zoo from Hong Kong.
Later Edit: Rrrg. They keep pulling videos. Search YouTube yourself for this guy. Seriously. He sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry. It's just freaky.
No comments:
Post a Comment