One topic stood out in yesterday's nightly news for ABC and NBC: the FISA deal.
A major issue where both parties were in disagreement. The Wall Street Journal announces a deal has been made.
ABC's coverage of the issue:.....NBC's coverage of the issue:.....
As in - they didn't cover it. Doubtless they were waiting until today when they can announce a vote, rather than inform us that a vote would take place tomorrow.
(I didn't TiVO CBS because their news is more than even I can stomach - if they covered FISA yesterday, they deserve praise.)
True, NBC did devote some time to the hula hoop, so the evening wasn't a total loss. I mean, obviously they've only got 22 minutes to cover the day's news - but why isn't FISA an issue to them? Why the hell is a new medical procedure that is years away from hitting the market more important than a vote in Congress that will end public inquiry into corporate violations of the FISA law?
Before their non-coverage of the Military-Expert scandal, I might have given the networks the benefit of the doubt on their editing choices, but when all three ignore something (to this very day) - it is abundantly clear that their filter is intentional.
I'm glad people are going after the Democrats who have sold out their base - but I wish there were better means for exposing the failure of our network news.
No comments:
Post a Comment