Clinton will officially end the campaign on Friday, (which is perfectly in keeping with the usual timing of these things contrary to the gasbags' ahistorical and overwrought blathering of last night.)Guilty.
Yeah, I mean no one listens to me - but I'd said any number of stupid things about Sen. Clinton not conceding on the night of the final two primaries.
It's hard to consider the duration between Tuesday's result and (what will be) tomorrow's announcement by itself. Three days. Two if you count the email.
The more I think about it, that's completely reasonable. I know I'd been tacking the previous 16 months onto that interval, and that's really not right. Years past, there had always been more primaries to run.
Any other year, three days is perfectly reasonable.
This time, they've actually run out the schedule - and there's nothing to do but wait. Oh, and freak out because the news channels have to have a lead story and they've got the video all cued up. Greenlight us, already! scream the talking heads.
The night of your last primaries, having won one of them - no less - is not the time to quit.
So she took a few days. Big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment