What an idiot.
Late edit: Having established that he lied to his staff, there doesn't appear to be much reason to accept Gov. Sanford's current story (that he went there to end the affair) at face value.
Zach Roth has two questions that go right to the vitals of the Governor's current story:
3) Why did it take a six-day trip to break off the affair? Not to sound cold, but couldn't a difficult phone call -- or at least a one day trip for a face-to-face conversation -- have done the job?People do things that make no sense all the time, but it doesn't take six days to dump somebody. And if he's determined to make it up to his family - I'm curious what led him to think his wife would be happier if he broke up with his mistress in person. In secret. For almost a week.
4) If the trip really was just to break off the affair, and Sanford's wife had found out about it five months ago, as the governor suggested, why couldn't he tell her where he'd gone?
2 comments:
I was in hearings all day today. It seems like, every time I'm out of touch with the news for an entire day, something crazy is splashed all over the headlines when I re-emerge...
...the streak continues.
Oh it's sicker than that. Read my next post.
Post a Comment