The following is a geek test (specifically a board game geek test):
Fantasy Flight Games will publish Cosmic Encounter® in the Summer of 2008.
Scoring:
1 point for - "Who's doing what?"
2 points for - "Is that a book?"
3 points for - "New game?"
5 points for - "It's been done."
10 points for - "Whoo hoo! Hot damn-a-licous!"
Well.....?
(Whoo Hoo!)
6 comments:
I think I scored about a 3. I know the game, but I'm not sure who published it before, so I don't know if this is a new publisher, or the same publisher with a new version.
Are the pieces cooler, though?
That's two points more than me. ;)
At least I KNEW what Cosmic Encounter was,and that I knew that the re-offer was a GOOD thing...I can't quantify it though...
Because you just know I was itching to say this:
Fantasy Flight Games seem to have a business model where they go find popular, out-of-print games and buy the licenses for them.
Then they overhaul the rules, beef up the production values and release the games to people like me who have been jonesing for high quality versions of games they already like.
Cosmic was just re-released by Avalon Hill not too long ago, but I don't think their version did so well. They'd nerfed the rules and limited the amount of players. Plus, the pieces were clunky.
FF will almost certainly do a good job with the bits - hopefully they'll keep the rules as expansive and crazy as Mayfair did.
I think I got the same score as Russ did.
And for those dying to know how the game works, there is always the online version at
www.cosmicencounter.com
(Free signup required).
Post a Comment