Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TiVo? You can bite me

I get an email from TiVo telling me for the billionth time that I really should upgrade to an HDDVR.

For the billionth time, I'm clicking "Delete" when I notice that the monthly plan is $9.95.

It's HD, and a teaser rate at that, but the regular rate is shown as $12.95.

Okay - I pay $16.95.

I call them.

The TiVo rep's like: Oh, the rates came down for everyone in May.

I laugh at her: "Obviously not everyone..."

She says she'd be happy to switch me over to the new rate, but I can't get credit back to May.

Of course, I press her on this. Why not? I mean - I've been a loyal customer. I pay my bills. If you drop your rates, my rates should just go down, right? Why do I have to call in and ask for permission to pay less?

Yes, I'll need to up my contract, but that could have been part of some broadcast message - this should not have been a case where I'm penalized for not responding to information they kept to themselves.

TiVo Rep: We can't do that. But I can lower what you pay from now on.
I lodge my complaint and take the lower rate.

So - If you're running a series 2 TiVo DVR your rate should be $12.95 or lower as of May.

Just FYI.

If you call, gripe at them for me.

No comments: