Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Comrade Greenspan

I can only share in the complete shock of others:


Here's the FT article

Late edit:

It just keeps getting stranger (emphasis mine):
“We should be focusing on what works,” Lindsey Graham, a Republican senator from South Carolina, told the FT. “We cannot keep pouring good money after bad.” He added, “If nationalisation is what works, then we should do it.”

(H/t to CJR, natch)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"um, sir? mr. greenspan? senator graham? 'scuse me, but i think you may have dropped your ideology.."

jcbmack said...

Geez this blog is addictive. I am looking forward to what Greenspan says next to follow up his press conference last week and in his interview in CNBC's documentary House Of Cards. I wonder hoe far this push to run banks will go. I am hopeful it will not branch out to full blown nationalization. Unfortunately not giving money or lowering taxes are not enough, just like throwing good money after bad is not, as we have seen.