Friday, February 13, 2009

Pebble shot

Sean Quin takes the WH statement of Sen. Gregg's withdrawal as Commerce Secretary a bit harder than I did.
Here is the statement the White House just put out on kicking Judd Gregg to the curb, in full:
    “Senator Gregg reached out to the President and offered his name for Secretary of Commerce. He was very clear throughout the interviewing process that despite past disagreements about policies, he would support, embrace, and move forward with the President’s agenda. Once it became clear after his nomination that Senator Gregg was not going to be supporting some of President Obama’s key economic priorities, it became necessary for Senator Gregg and the Obama administration to part ways. We regret that he has had a change of heart”.
Translation: Gregg asked us for the gig and lied to us, so eff him, this is his fault.

As one longtime White House correspondent just told me, "I have never seen a White House statement that kicks someone in the balls that hard before."

As Quinn actually knows something - I'm inclined to wonder if Sen. Gregg sees it this way, too.

No comments: