Thursday, February 05, 2009

WOW is that stupid

While I realize that there are people paid to worry about what Al-Qaeda and other pschyos are planning - I think some of them might need a little less free time

National Defense University Professor Dwight Toavs wants us to visualize how World of Warcraft could be used by terrorists to plan an attack.



After all - it has chat.

Thanks for the insight, Dwight, but just because WOW has good graphics doesn't mean it's any more likely to be used by the bad guys.

Aside from more background noise, what can WOW provide that couldn't be accomplished by an anonymous FTP server and a basic chat application?

I get that using a popular program helps capture interest and attention, but I'm hoping there's more than that behind the latest version of Warning!! The internet can be harnessed to do evil!

Sheesh.

No comments: