Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All hail Ms. Boyle

I'm such a total sucker for this sort of thing:

Last weekend, the frizzy-haired, squarely built [Susan] Boyle walked onto the stage of "Britain's Got Talent" to barely suppressed snickers from the audience and skeptical eye rolls from Cowell, the unfailingly caustic judge on both "American Idol" and the British TV show.

The audience laughed mercilessly as Boyle did a saucy hip wiggle and said she'd like a chance to prove she could be as good as Elaine Paige, a legendary singer often called the first lady of British musical theater.

Those present were clearly prepared to howl.

Then Boyle opened her mouth. And within the first few bars of "I Dreamed a Dream," from the hit musical "Les Miserables," the audience was standing and applauding.
I know, the producers of the show are no doubt looking for another Paul Potts, but all the same -

Kick crazy ass.

1 comment:

Russ said...

I love that! That's what Britain's Got Talent/America's Got Talent/American Idol et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, pretend to be all about.