Friday, May 08, 2009

I [Heart] Elizabeth Warren

The American family is not here to serve the banks. Uh, the banks are here, in fact, to serve the American family.
-Elizabeth Warren
(Via The Big Picture)

Thus far, the talking points of the financial sector have dominated the public debate:
  • We’re fine
  • We need your money
  • Stop asking us what we’re doing with your money
So every chance I see Elizabeth Warren, chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel for TARP, on TV I just want to cheer.

Her talking points are refreshingly candid – and reflect a viewpoint that is often mentioned but woefully underrepresented.
  • What are you banks doing with our money?
  • There must be more transparency
  • There must be more accountability
  • Seriously, what the #$&(@! are you banks doing with our money??
Watch her in action.

Isn’t it nice to see an intelligent person making this all make sense for a change?

2 comments:

Eugene said...

Good Stuff.

Off Topic: What the %@$# happened to the gunners in the first 12 minutes of the second leg?

Unknown said...

Beats me.

My working hypothesis is that the Gunners were blinded by the evil aura emanating from the AIG logos on Man U's jerseys.

I think they are the minions of Mephistopheles

Consider:
-Red jerseys
-Red Devils
-Wayne Rooney plays for them

I mean, what other explanation could there be?

[Or that less pleasing option that the Gunners' defense was completely schooled].