The producers of Tent Show Radio and Wisconsin Public Radio have decided to cut Tent Show's founder, Warren Nelson, from its broadcasts in light of allegations against Nelson of sexual assault and battery.(Via the Ashland Daily Press - login required)
Mike Crane, WPR's acting director and chief operating officer, said Thursday the show will be re-cut with an alternate host, and an edited version could appear as early as Saturday.
I've listened to him on road trips, seen him live, and basically assumed he was just what he looked like - a local talent doin' good.
What a shame.
4 comments:
What?!? I'm absolutely speechless. He always seemed like such a nice guy, and such a booster for the community!
Ok, i'll grant that he has priors and seems likely to be guilty of this, but don't we reserve judgement?
It's not like he's pure evil.
Oh, I do - but his priors are alcohol related. This latest flap is supposedly with the same person from 2003. There's a pattern of decline in them thar records...
If this all sorts out and Chatauqua returns to normal, I'll be happy.
-But I don't think it will.
I would think, too, in a community that small, with a person of that stature, they'd want to be pretty darn sure before they arrested him.
But, you're absolutely right, innocent until proven guilty. We can still hold out hope.
It would be very, very sad to me if it turned out to be true. Such a unique voice that I really associate with Ashland/Washburn/Bayfield.
Post a Comment