Thursday, August 21, 2008

The four stages of McCain's real estate response

(via WaPo)

The McCain campaign responding to reports that McCain owns 7 or more houses:

1 - Denial:
The reality is they have some investment properties and stuff. It's not as if he lives in ten houses. That's just not the case," Rogers said. "The reality is they have four that actually could be considered houses they could use."
No, he doesn't live in ten houses. He just owns ten houses. See?

2 - Everybody does it:
[the press] should focus on Obama's house. "It's a frickin' mansion."
Our opponent has a nice house, why can't McCain have ten?

3 - Change the subject
"This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison," referring to the prisoner of war camp that McCain was in during the Vietnam War.
I cannot be rich, because once I was poor.

4 - Pfffffbbbbt!
John McCain is not an arugula-eating, pointy headed professor-type based on his life story.
I'm rubber, you're glue...!

Talk about elevating the debate.

No comments: