Thursday, August 28, 2008

Q.E.D.

For anyone still smarting from Phil Gramm telling us the economic downturn is all in our heads - John Goodman (President of National Center for Policy Analysis) would like to blow your mind (emphasis mine):

Mr. Goodman, who helped craft Sen. John McCain's health care policy, said anyone with access to an emergency room effectively has insurance, albeit the government acts as the payer of last resort. (Hospital emergency rooms by law cannot turn away a patient in need of immediate care.)

"So I have a solution. And it will cost not one thin dime," Mr. Goodman said. "The next president of the United States should sign an executive order requiring the Census Bureau to cease and desist from describing any American – even illegal aliens – as uninsured. Instead, the bureau should categorize people according to the likely source of payment should they need care.


"So, there you have it. Voila! Problem solved."
 So, all you people in the ERs of America... cheer up! You may not have access to preventative medicine - but Mr. Goodman says you've had insurance all along! And since you have insurance - the government is free to ignore you.

There's a mind that should be in government: If I have no solution for a problem - I pretend it doesn't exist.

47 million people swept under the rug. Something tells me they won't be content to stay there.

(H/t E and the HealthCare Blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you like Arsenal's group G in the Champion's League?

Arsenal
FC Porto
Fenebahce
Dynamo Kiev

Unknown said...

Considering who it could have been - I'm happy.

I just hope they're all televised.

Love to see an away match vs Fenebahce.