In a little less than nine hours, I will take more money than I have ever had and give it to someone else.
In exchange, they will give me the keys to a home that I will be allowed to live in provided I pay several times that amount over the next three decades.
I'm not clear on how I feel about this - but a good clue would be the fact that I am writing this in the wee hours of the morning instead of getting the sleep I spend most of my days pining for.
There is a certain insanity to what I am doing - never mind the everyday nature of the transaction. Something I cannot afford, I will buy anyway. I will pay for it many times over and think of it as an investment.
Many years from now, I hope to sell it to someone who is similarly deluded. After the transaction we will shake hands and both feel fortunate.
But I still can't get over how crazy this seems.
In two days we move our stuff into the house - and we're not ready. It'll go okay, since our stored items will arrive and be unloaded by other people. Still, somehow this just isn't happening.
Not again, seems to be my brain's attitude about the whole thing. Surely not so soon.
I have changed no addresses, switched no utilities, or done any of the things on the lengthy punchlist I followed just over two months ago. I doubt I still have it.
I think we can get up to speed. I mean, we never really moved in to this apartment - but cripes, we're tired.
1 comment:
Good luck with your move, guys. It'll be a pain, but you'll be happy once settled in.
Post a Comment