E calls to say our connection is out. I go through phone hell and get routed, re-routed, and then mis-routed. I do ten rounds with IVR
IVR: I didn't get that, please say 'billing'-
Me: Billing.
IVR: I didn't get that, please say 'billing'-
Me: Billing!
IVR: So that I can route your call properly, please choose from these three options. For billing, say-
Me: Billing!!
IVR: "I didn't get that-
*Press 0*
IVR: So that I can route your call properly, please choose from-
*Press 0*
IVR: So that I can route your call properly, please choose from-
*Press 0*
IVR: Okay, I'm transferring you to a Service Representative
--and so on.
This fun ends with me getting a tech guy to spell out how to reset our modem, and it occurs to me (while he's trying to sell me AT&T products I already have) that I should check on my billing status. Not long ago, I was late on a payment.
Long as I'm bitching to them about their end, I should probably make sure I'm holding up my end.
The rest, I'll say with pictures:
I started here and tried 'View Billing Statement'
And saw this:
-and finally, this:
I actually went back to this form three times over the span of twenty minutes- and got the same result.
I'm beginning to think there's a universal corporate playbook on how to provide crappy customer relations.
Late Edit: because I'm just that belligerent - I tried a fourth time (which also failed) and then tried chat:
----
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
Thank you for contacting AT&T Internet Services, my name is AT&T Support Person. One moment while I review your information.
Me: I'm at https://edit.client.yahoo.com/membercenter and when I click on View Billing Statement I'm asked to log in AGAIN and then I receive an error message that says
Error
Sorry, your billing information is unavailable.
Single Price Point customers monthly recurring charges for High Speed Internet service will not be reflected in the online bill statement: please contact your local AT&T Business Office at the number provided on your monthly AT&T
AT&T: Thank you for that information.
AT&T: Are you trying to view your bills online?
Me: Yes
AT&T: I'm so sorry to hear that you are not able to do so.
AT&T: Did you try going to this Web site?
The agent is sending you to http://att.com.
Me: Also, your feedback/email form at http://helpme.att.net/emailus_techsupp.php is experiencing technical problems (eating input)
AT&T: Thank you for reporting this to us.
Me: I'm at att.com now... logging in
Me: Getting a login message at https://cprodmasx.att.com/commonLogin/igate_wam/multiLogin.do
Me: message is "You are not authorized to access this system"
AT&T: Hmm...
AT&T: It seems that it does not allow you to access the site either.
Me: I was just logged into the yahoo/att site
AT&T: We already have reported this concern about the Online Billing service, yet, it seems that there still is no solution to the said issue.
AT&T: In lieu of the Online Billing service, I would recommend contacting our Billing team for further assistance. Please reach them at 1-800-288-2020, then choose "Billing" at the prompt.
Me: Thanks - is this a temporary outage, or is there something I need to change about my account access?
Me: You still there...?
AT&T: Yes, I am. Sorry.
AT&T : This actually has been an ongoing issue, and we are still awaiting word as to when this problem will be fixed.
Me: Okay. Thanks
AT&T: You're welcome, and I really am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. May I help you with anything else?
Me: Just pass along to whoever needs to know that that feedback form isn't working. It's really frustrating to fill out a form, write a detailed summary of what happened - and then have the form fail and lose the data.
Me: Other than that - I'm good. Thanks!
-----
Later edit: Read the original
2 comments:
HAH! I found your post via google, guess what the search term was?
"You are not authorized to access this system."
Yep, I'm having similar problems (unable to connect via DSL, tried logging into my att.com "online services" account.
Lé Sigh...
Its June of 09 and I ended up seeing the same stupid message!
But I have to say that the whole system is "consistent" .
Last time I "moved", att transferred my account from the old address to the OLD address.
Its astonishing that these folks are still doing business AND we are still left with little options but to sign up with them!!
Nave
Post a Comment